Like what you see and want to learn more? Visit my business page!

http://www.revitalizewithstefania.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Hair Musts

Since I gave my skincare musts, I thought I might as well give my hair care musts. Now, I have naturally curly hair and I accept it as is. I never straighten it- so this list is geared to someone with a similar hair profile.

Cleanse
I only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week. People sometimes think that is gross, but the curlier the hair, the less frequently it should be washed. When I do wash it, I choose a super moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I have tried lots of brands, some more natural than others. My current long-time favorite is Carol's Daughter Monoi- both the shampoo and conditioner.


Treat
Carol's Daughter also makes a great hair masque, split end treatment, and hair oil for deep moisturization.

Styling
If I treat my hair well enough and get the best haircut I can afford, I don't need to go to the salon more than 2 times a year, 3 at the most.

At home, I use only Ouidad for styling. It is not at all natural, but it provides the best hold and shine of anything I have tried, without leaving hair stiff or sticky. I start off with Botanical Boost as a light leave-in conditioner that won't weigh hair down.  Their Tress Effects gel provides the strongest hold, Climate Control is less strong but provides good frizz control. The one with the weakest hold is Moisture Lock gel-creme.


I usually air dry, but if I am in a hurry or want to look a little better than usual, I use a hood dryer. It doesn't blow my hair around, so there is much less frizz than if I were to use a hand held dryer.
 

If my hair is a little too stiff (if I used a bit too much gel...) I use Ouidad Pomade. It literally only takes a dime-sized drop, and it leaves your whole head soft and shiny. Use anymore than necessary and you will be greasy, though.

What is your hair type? How do you cleanse, treat and style it? What are your favorite products? Do you sacrifice when it comes to natural ingredients versus efficacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment